Sunday, March 25, 2018

Back in the Saddle Again

  It has been about 2 years since my last post, I have been playing The Star Wars off far less mainly due to the release scedule being limited and the support all seemed to go to Destiny just killed my drive for the game.  While I still buy the packs I just can't invest in the competitive side of the game, I'm sure Legion is not going to help keep people playing the after thought Star Wars game.

  So by my last post I believe Doomtown was dead...again. Now it will be re-rebooted, again glad to see it back but not sure if it will be able to have a play group in my area. After running events for a half a year and attending every other event in town it seems to be a game that if you had a robust meta at the beginning it would be sustainable, if your area stuggled it was an uphill fight to get a decent turnout. Which made the stores not want to buy lots which was understandable so no competitive scene.

  Now we have Legend of the Five Rings back, it got a complete overhaul of the mechanics which makes the game feel less huge swings and slow economic development and more tactile plays and resource management. There are still the times when you draw dead but that is nigh impossible to design out of a game that has chance involved.  I am unsure how the competitive side of the game will develope since they seem to be trying a lot of different league type models with the game.  Also both faction I played are missing from the game so I feel empty in a game that was all about personal investment.

  Onto miniature painting, I have gotten back into it. I am trying to work on getting back my brush control while working on my speed.  I would love to work more with my airbrush so I am trying to use it more often.  I cleared a few projects of the painting desk and hope to take commissions any time now. 


On the table we are going to do Dragon's Rampant in 6mm inspired by rollaone.com, she will be using the Microworld Games Lizardmen and I will be picking up the Elephantmen for my faction. I have a batch of Trollblood s to work on and nothing after that is planned out. I would love to take commissions for Flames of War, Warmahordes and odds and ends for RPGs.

Now onto the pic dump:




No comments: